As Java Software Engineer you can find jobs everywhere. Why choose AIMMS?
Three ways in which we stand out (as we see it):
- Software engineering challenge. For our cloud platform multiple services written in Java run in a mix of multi-tenant and single-user Docker containers on multiple AWS ECS clusters. The single-user Docker containers are launched on-demand to run custom AIMMS applications. We often exceed 99.98% up-time (incl. planned downtime for updates) and have already hit 100.0% a number of times. We keep strengthening our security and are continuously being monitored by large enterprise customers, external pen-testers and automatic scanning services.
- Our culture. We are proud of our culture and believe it is special. It is about people, about trust, about valuing differences and about the combination of performance and care. Read in our latest Culture Book what AIMMSians write about it.
- Holacracy. We are self-organized, using Holacracy. No managers. Plenty autonomy and transparency. Quick adjustments of organization, roles and accountabilities. A place where you can develop yourself to your full potential.
We exist to bring the benefits of prescriptive analytics to society, helping the world take smarter decisions and helping companies in their digital transformations.
We serve customers all over the world, many of them Fortune 500 companies. In our offices in Haarlem, Seattle and Singapore over 50 AIMMSians cover more than 12 nationalities. We have proudly been leading our industry for almost 30 years.
The AIMMS Cloud Platform is a state-of-the-art AWS application where the AIMMS PRO Java application is broken into smaller services that each run in separate Docker containers and that is managed as code, in a repository with Gitflow.
AIMMS PRO is a Java application that is used both on-premise and in the AIMMS Cloud Platform for publishing and deployment of AIMMS applications.
For the AIMMS Cloud Platform and for AIMMS PRO we are looking for a Java software engineer for one of our teams in Haarlem. Here are some specifics.
As part of the team you will help:
- design, maintain and extend our AWS cloud platform
- design, maintain and extend our in-house Java product AIMMS PRO;
- maintain and enhance our automated continuous delivery tools;
- Engineering and writing great software is what you live for;
- And of course you do so using sound Software Engineering concepts;
- You prefer to cover the full life-cycle: from early design to release;
- You are eager to release high-quality code to users;
- You have a pro-active attitude; you are always looking for tasks to pick up and ways to help colleagues. You think ‘we’ over ‘I’;
- You are a quick-starter and quick-learner, able to add value quickly: we need you to come up to speed rapidly because our users expect a lot of output;
- You feel at ease working in a self-managing team and interacting with remote teams;
- You are efficient, structured and organized;
- You are comfortable with speaking and writing in English;
Your basic qualifications
- have a master degree or comparable education in a relevant subject;
- have strong Java knowledge;
- have experience with Python;
- be familiar with concepts such as decoupling, cohesion and separation of concerns;
- be able to apply OOP, OOD, Design Patterns and TDD;
- have experience with distributed version control systems like Git;
- have experience with test/build automation;
- be able to develop on both Linux and Windows platforms.
We offer a competitive salary and secondary benefits including a generous pension scheme.
Interested? Apply using the button below. For more information, contact us via email@example.com or call Pauline Nobel at +31 23 5511 512. No acquisition please.